Sustainability is key to the construction of the Neuroscience Research Building, which is tracking to achieve Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certification.
LEED is a green building rating program that provides a framework for healthy, highly efficient and less expensive buildings.
- Sophisticated mechanical systems that direct air flow and air exchanges to create a safe, healthy work environment and reduce the energy use
- All LED light fixtures, noted for their energy efficiency
- Garage built for Parksmart certification, a rating system designed to advance sustainable mobility through smarter parking design and operation
- Garage to contain bicycle parking, electric vehicle charging stations and roof infrastructure to later add solar panels
- Rooftop terrace with sustainable landscaping, including native plants for all seasons and trees that provide shade